Thursday, January 15, 2009

Crockpot Pineapple Chicken

Ingredients

enough chicken for 4
20 oz can of pineapple chunks
1/4 cup soy sauce (Tamari wheat free or La Choy are gluten free)
1 t red pepper flakes

Directions

Plop the chicken into the crockpot. I used frozen breast tenders. Drain the pineapple, and add the chunks with the soy sauce and the red pepper flakes.

cook on low for 4-6 hours, or on high for 3-4.

The cooking time will depend on how thick your pieces of chicken are, and if they are frozen or not.

My frozen breast tenders only needed to cook on low for 4 hours.

Serve over rice, quinoa, or on a bed of fresh spinach.

From A Year of Crockpotting
Submitted by Shelli

1 comment:

  1. I made this dish by baking the chicken instead of the crockpot -- delish!!! My whole family loved it. My 8 yo son said it was better than Del Taco. I doubled the recipe for my family, but next time I would keep it to just one can of pineapple.

    ReplyDelete